The company’s unique objectives required PSbyM to modify its own processes for the six-month engagement. First, a far more detailed assessment of operations was completed by practitioners, including focus groups and deep dives into equipment-design elements.
Case Study from | Milliken
Manufacturers recognize the competitive benefits of digitization — the application of emerging technologies, such as Industry 4.0 devices and intelligent communication networks — to radically improve operations. Yet executives leading digital transformations of global enterprises with multiple plants face major challenges:
• Thousands of complex machines, devices, and systems that require planning and integration, along with
• Thousands of managers and frontline associates who need new digital skills, and
• Demanding customers and increasingly unpredictable markets.
Fortunately, Performance Solutions by Milliken (PSbyM) has a long history of helping clients achieve operational excellence — and has expanded its management system to include principles for digital transformation.
Client Company: A multibillion dollar beverage manufacturer producing more than 40 brands, including spirits, non-alcoholic beverages, and ready-to-drink cocktails. Its products are marketed and distributed in more than 85 countries, and manufactured in 15 facilities around the globe. Performance Solutions by Milliken (PSbyM) initially engaged with the company at two of its plants to build a performance system and to “model” the transformation.
Download this case study to learn how PSbyM Practitioners:
- Trained those on the plant floor to follow through on the vision, by defining and communicating all 11 pillars and establishing new work standards and competencies
- Set up the fundamental design for a successful digital journey
The content & opinions in this article are the author’s and do not necessarily represent the views of ManufacturingTomorrow
This post does not have any comments. Be the first to leave a comment below.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in before you can post a comment. Login now.