FABTECH 2019 will be held at the McCormick Place in Chicago from November 11 to the 14th. This event provides a handy one-stop shop where you can meet with world-class suppliers, and see the latest metal fabrication products and industry advances.
Don’t Miss FABTECH 2019
Len Calderone for | ManufacturingTomorrow
It’s rare that attendance at a trade show is free. But, the FABTECH Show floor admission is complimentary if you register by November 8th. Even if you miss this deadline, the fee is only $50. This is a real bargain considering what you will see on the show floor. The FABTECH series of events receives more than 65,000 visitors from over 90 countries every year.
FABTECH 2019 will be held at the McCormick Place in Chicago from November 11 to the 14th. This event provides a handy one-stop shop where you can meet with world-class suppliers, and see the latest metal fabrication products and industry advances. The latest tools to improve productivity will be shown. You will also learn to increase profits and discover new solutions to all of your metal forming, fabricating, welding and finishing needs. This trade show includes technology-focused pavilions and interactive displays along with special events and attractions.
Executives, manufacturing and engineering professionals, as well as business owners from major industries, including aerospace, agriculture, appliance, automotive OEMs, construction, heavy equipment, defense, mining and utilities, recreational equipment, and non-automotive transportation, attend FABTECH to discover the latest technologies.
If you work in additive manufacturing, arc welding, assembly, bending and forming, brazing and soldering, coil processing, cutting, fastening and joining, paint and powder coating, finishing/plating, gases and gas equipment, hydroforming, inspection and testing, job shop or contract manufacturing, lasers, lubrication, maintenance and repair,
U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Cody R. Miller/Released
material handling, metal suppliers, plate and structural fabricating, press brakes, punching, resistance welding, robotics, roll forming, saws, software, machine controls, stamping, thermal spraying, tool and die, tooling, tube and pipe fabricating or welding and tube and pipe production, waterjet, welding consumables, and welding machines you will learn a lot about the products and technologies being displayed.
Beyond the Show Floor, you will find an array of educational programs to charge your career or business with pointed technical, operational, economic and managerial sessions. Learn how you can expand your skills and strategies, which are needed to become proficient in the digital technology revolution. You will acquire new strategies to overcome the skills gap and hire a new generation of workers. Pick up innovative tips to stay in front of market trends and challenges. All sessions are 90 minutes in length, and offer real-world knowledge that can be used right away.
If you like this article you may like "Quick Guide to Metal Additive Manufacturing for Industrial Components"
The American Welding Society has a wide-ranging lineup of welding education. The industry’s top professionals will present programs focused on best practices and new commercial developments in welding and thermal spray. The welding events include conferences, seminars, RWMA Resistance Welding School, professional program, and society events.
Welding parts of an F-16 Fighting Falcon at Misawa Air Base, Japan (U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Derek VanHorn)
There are 175 educational sessions, of which 110 are new and includes 13 technology tracks. The sessions, which include Tech Tours, combine classroom instruction with expert-led guided tours on the show floor to see the technology operating in select booths.
Some of the show’s sponsors are:
- Amada America Inc., Manufactures innovative, productivity-enhancing sheet metal machines, including fiber/CO2 lasers, turret punch presses, press brakes, automation systems, and software.
- FANUC America Corp., the world leader in robotics, CNC systems and factory automation.
- BLM GROUP, a global leader in tube and sheet metal processing solutions. Its product line includes laser tube and flat sheet cutting, cold sawing, bending, end-forming, end-machining and wire bending machines.
- HP, Multi Jet Fusion and Metal Jet 3D printing.
- Mazak Optonics, Laser-cutting machinery, automation solutions, and IIoT tools.
- Messer Cutting Systems, Product range includes oxyfuel, plasma, and laser cutting systems.
- Murata Machinery, Fabrication support for machine tool technology, automated material handling, machine tool technology, automated material handling, and clean room automation.
- Schneider Electric, Provides energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability, combining world-leading energy technologies.
- Trumpf Inc., World market leader in sheet metal fabrication equipment and industrial laser technology.
- Walter Surface Technologies, A leader in surface treatment technologies, providing high productivity abrasives, power tools, tooling, chemical solutions and environmental solutions for the metal working industry.
- Wheelabrator Group, Manufactures and installs standard and custom-designed blast systems for removing millscale and rust, and for profiling the surface of fabricated steel parts in preparation for protective coatings.
Look for new technology from these companies:
- ATI Industrial Automation, Pneumatically-actuated Compliant Deburring Blade excels in light and medium deburring, chamfering, and scraping operations. Both axial and radial compliance reduces robot programming time and enables consistent contact forces throughout the process. Patent-pending.
- Diamond Ground Products Inc, The Arc Saber is a quality storage container designed to protect your tungsten welding electrodes.
- Angle-Rite Clamping System, Angle-Rite® Clamp with patented weld distortion compensation introduces the Cluster Kit which allows you to join up to three intersecting tubes with one clamp.
- Altrac USA, The Altrac gantry crane is a modular, lightweight system in a class of its own. It easily adapts to any environment. No need to upgrade existing structures to achieve handling loads up to 1 ton.
- The Bradbury Group, Double eccentric slitter head produces a clean strip edge with minimal penetration, enhancing the edge quality of cut strips and reducing wear on the slitter knives and motor.
- Wilson Tool International, The Brake Partner™ lets shops use punch press tooling to make forms in the press brake. This innovative solution can help lower costs and reduce lead times, thanks to the streamlining of equipment and machine flexibility.
- Replacement Brush Tables, Modular brush conveyor belts that can transport a wide variety of materials safely while preventing scratching and denting. Direct replacement of existing conveyor belts is available as well as customized options to enhance machine performance.
- Bystronic Inc, The ByStar Fiber, now with 12kW laser power, has an expanded spectrum of cutting applications for exceptional speed and cutting quality from thin sheet to thick plate edge.
If you attend FABTECH, you’ll come into contact with 1,700 of the leading equipment and service providers, complimentary keynotes and panel discussions on a daily basis, more than 100 game-changer educational sessions, and high-level networking opportunities on and off the show floor. Don’t miss it.
The content & opinions in this article are the author’s and do not necessarily represent the views of ManufacturingTomorrow
This post does not have any comments. Be the first to leave a comment below.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in before you can post a comment. Login now.