Siemens Launches Totally Integrated Automation Portal V14 Delivering Increased Productivity, Reduced Time to Market
• TIA Portal V14 Engineering Framework expanded functionality focuses on diagnostics, virtual commissioning and multi-users • New technology update provides enhanced energy management and motion control, cloud connectivity, and digital twin for virtual commissioning
Siemens' has launched Version 14 (V14) of its' Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) Portal which shortens the time to market for machine manufacturers and increases end user productivity through the new, enriched version of the engineering framework that brings a wide range of new functionalities for the digital enterprise.
Version 14 new features include:
• PLCSim Advanced, with interfaces to simulation software, such as Plant Simulation and Process Simulate. A Simatic S7-1500 controller can be simulated as a digital twin with PLCSim Advanced to achieve efficient, virtual commissioning.
• New interface for product data management in Teamcenter, Siemens data collaboration platform for design, planning and engineering. The user can easily create model-based programs with a new interface to Matlab/Simulink.
• TIA Portal V14 also extends motion control functionality and applications within the S7-1500 controller family. The new Simatic S7-1500 T-CPUs enable Simatic users to solve advanced motion control tasks, such as gearing and camming, in a familiar environment.
• The new multi-user function has been added for decentralized work concepts providing (multiple) users with efficient and simultaneous access to a server project. These concepts include automatic synchronization and the facilitation of device, object, and function-based organization of automation tasks. Parameter assignment and evaluation of the 3VA molded-case circuit breaker and the 7KM PAC series of measuring instruments are also new features of the TIA Portal V14. This simplifies acquisition of energy values for the infeed system, electrical outputs and individual loads.
• The new ProDiag option offers detailed plant and machine monitoring with minimal configuration and visualization costs. Support is provided with automated code generation and HMI synchronization functions. WinCC/WebUX help, not only to monitor plant processes, but also, (if necessary) to control them via the Internet or intranet via mobile HMI devices, such as tablet PCs and smartphones. The process data are available worldwide providing easy access to the machine. With the press of a button, the Simatic Energy Suite facilitates easy parameter assignment and evaluation of many measuring components. The Simatic Energy Suite increases the transparency of energy flows and helps to save energy in accordance with ISO 50001. The TIA Portal V14 now gives all Simatic S7-1500 controllers OPC UA server functionality, such as for standardized connections to a Manufacturing Execution System for vertical plant integration.
Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world's largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. With approximately 348,000 employees in more than 190 countries, Siemens reported worldwide revenue of $86.2 billion in fiscal 2015. Siemens in the USA reported revenue of $22.4 billion, including $5.5 billion in exports, and employs approximately 50,000 people throughout all 50 states and Puerto Rico.