Proposed FAA Commercial UAS Rules
From IEEE Spectrum:
- Unmanned aircraft must weigh less than 55 lbs. (25 kg).
- Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) only; the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the operator or visual observer.
- At all times the small unmanned aircraft must remain close enough to the operator for the operator to be capable of seeing the aircraft with vision unaided by any device other than corrective lenses.
- Small unmanned aircraft may not operate over any persons not directly involved in the operation.
- Daylight-only operations (official sunrise to official sunset, local time).
- Must yield right-of-way to other aircraft, manned or unmanned.
- May use visual observer (VO) but not required.
- First-person view camera cannot satisfy “see-and-avoid” requirement but can be used as long as requirement is satisfied in other ways.
- Maximum airspeed of 100 mph (87 knots).
- Maximum altitude of 500 feet above ground level... (full article)
This post does not have any comments. Be the first to leave a comment below.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in before you can post a comment. Login now.
ELATEC RFID Systems - Ensure only those authorized have access
With a tap of the badge, RFID readers from ELATEC provide secure, reliable and easy-to-use user authentication, access control and usage tracking of hardware and software in industrial automation processes. Reader durability in harsh plant floor environments is another essential feature. Choose the right authentication and access control solution and extend RFID card-based capability for the access control of PLC, robot and HMI automation controller software and devices requiring special operator training.