Capable of achieving a surface finish better than 0.2ra with run out of less than 2 microns the four axes grinder complements ANCA’s full machine range
Launched at IMTS 2018 the CPX Linear has a large working envelope and powerful grinding spindles to achieve the highest precision and productivity for blank preparation in the market today. Using the pinch peel method of grinding it offers the same strength, rigidity and thermal stability expected from an ANCA tool grinder.
"We are known for our ongoing dedication to research and commitment to ensure our technology is surpassing our customers' needs. This is another major milestone in that approach, providing a complementary machine for the full grinding process. What can I say, our customers asked and we listened - designing our own blank preparation machine."
The CPX Linear is the best in its class
• High Powered Roughing Spindle ensures high volume stock removal, enabling shorter cycle times and higher productivity.
• Polymer base (ANCAcrete) has excellent thermal stability and vibration dampening properties, delivering grinding process stability.
• LinX linear motors achieve superior precision and performance.
• BlankX software provides ease of use and programming flexibility.
• ANCA Motion Machine Control System - AMC5 CNC and AMD5X servo-drives provide all the computing power needed for sub-micron motion control for high accuracy.
• ANCA Motions AR300 low cost robot loader for automated loading of tool blanks is an option.
• Quick set up times to achieve greater efficiencies.
Powered by LinX
Our LinX linear motor technology for axis motion (X, Y and V axes), in conjunction with linear scales, achieves superior precision and performance. Specially designed for a lifetime of operation in harsh grinding environments, the LinX motors have a cylindrical magnetic field which means there is no additional down force on the rails or machine base.
With no temperature variations (meaning no need for a separate chiller unit), and being sealed to IP67, there is minimal wear and tear so that the machine accuracy remains over the lifetime of the machine. The LinX linear motor has higher axis speed and acceleration, leading to reduced cycle times while maintaining a smoother axis motion.
CPX Linear capabilities
• With a peak power of 43Kw (58 HP) the grinding spindle for roughing uses a 250mm (10") diameter wheel, ensuring high volume stock removal in the shortest possible cycle time. This high-powered spindle removes the need for removing material in multiple passes which means shorter cycle times and higher productivity.
• Finishing spindle uses a 150mm (6") diameter wheel supplying a peak power of 9.7Kw (13HP) for optimal finish grinding operations.
• Large working envelope with an overall blank length of 360mm (14.1") and a maximum diameter of 25mm (1") when manual loading.
The ANCA Group of companies consists of ANCA CNC Machines, ANCA Motion and Tinfish which specialises in design and manufacture of Machine Tools, Motion Control Systems and Metal Fabrication. A market leading manufacturer of CNC grinding machines, it was founded in 1974 in Melbourne, Australia where the company still has its global headquarters.
ANCA has offices in the UK, Germany, China, Thailand, India, Japan, Brazil and the USA as well as a comprehensive network of representatives and agents worldwide. We sell to a diverse range of competitive industries including cutting tool manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, laser cutting electronics and medical.