Continuous Inkjet, or CIJ, is a printing method commonly used in high-speed packaging lines to apply alphanumeric character strings like dates and batch numbers to products for the purpose of allowing humans and machines to identify products and verify product integrity.
Machine Vision Solutions for CIJ Print Inspection
Eldad Ben Shalom | Microscan Systems, Inc.
- Common challenges in high-speed CIJ printing that result in illegibility or misinterpretation of data by machine vision OCR
- How to evaluate errors to identify the key print defects that must be accounted for by vision in a given production environment
- Machine vision solutions for CIJ print accuracy inspection and tips on selecting the appropriate system for a production line
What Is CIJ?
What Is OCR?
CIJ Printing Challenges that Impede Machine Vision OCR
- Do I need my machine vision system to read every character on every product in 100% detail?
- Do I need the data string that is printed on my products to be compared to an intended “match string”?
- How sensitive is my production line to false rejects?
- How sensitive is my production line to overlooked defects?
Omron Microscan is a global leader in the design and manufacture of Machine Vision, Auto ID and Verification solutions. From product inspection to robotic guidance to barcode and direct part mark decoding, Omron Microscan products serve a broad range of applications and are recognized worldwide for high quality and leading technology. Omron Microscan is a business unit of OMRON Corporation.
Microscan VisionscapeĀ® GigE Camera Performs Precision Measurement of Apertures in Digital Camera Housing at Foxconn
This post does not have any comments. Be the first to leave a comment below.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in before you can post a comment. Login now.