M3D Launches Kickstarter for the M3D Pro; New Offering Delivers Affordable 3D Printer with Robust Feature Set
M3D Follows up Landmark Crowdfunding Campaign to Give Contributors Option to Pre-Order Latest Model
FULTON, MD (August 17, 2016) - Today, M3D, the leading consumer 3D printer manufacturer, announced its Kickstarter campaign to deliver the M3D Pro, a new offering designed to be the industry's most reliable, feature-packed consumer printer yet. The company's latest crowdfunding venture will appeal to its existing user base, as well as a new generation of enthusiasts and consumers looking to break into the 3D printing space.
"We confidently believe that the Kickstarter community is the community that truly understands and appreciates product innovation at its core," said Michael Armani, co-founder & CEO, M3D. "When there is a true level of novelty at work, such as a printer that includes a feature set associated with high-end models but at a price point consumers can afford, the platform's audience responds to it. We carefully designed the M3D Pro by incorporating direct customer feedback to show our audiences that we've heard them loud and clear. We're dedicated to delivering a 3D printer that reaches a new benchmark of reliability and efficiency for both casual consumers and professionals alike."
The M3D Pro is the first 3D printer driven by two ARM-core processors and a network of more than two-dozen sensors. The new printer will also be outfitted with a heated bed option, outer dimensions of 10.5" cubed, and a much larger build volume - making it the most space-efficient and affordable consumer printer to hit the market. By rapidly pooling and fusing data, the M3D Pro maximizes the performance of the printer while also improving the overall printing experience through better consistency and reliability. This monitoring includes multiple measurements of speed, filament usage, temperature, and power levels. A standout feature of this sensory data allows the M3D Pro to recover from power outages by saving information as power levels drop off.
Highlights and tech specifications of the M3D Pro include:
• Heated Print Bed: An innovative tempered heated glass surface automatically adjusts temperature, providing a consistent printing experience and allowing for easy removal of printed objects
• Large Build Volume: Print objects up to 7.8" tall or 7.2" x 7.2" wide
• Embedded Recovery: The M3D Pro can recover from print failure, such as from power outages, pauses, and filament shortage or jams
• Stand Alone Mode: M3D's software will automatically start printing and transfer print jobs to an internal memory chip, allowing the print to continue without being tethered to a computer
• Advanced Sensor Network: The world's first dual-ARM processor system fuses data from more than two dozen sensors to provide industry leading consistency and reliability
• Construction: Precision ground metal components, glass surface heated bed, durable ABS Frame
• Accuracy: 25-350 micron layer heights, 0.40 mm nozzle extrusion
• Print speed: Typically prints filament at 60mm/s, and travels at speeds up to 120 mm/s
• Two-year warranty: the M3D Pro comes with a standard two-year warranty, ensuring customers are fully supported with the printer
Software and Third Party Support
• Third Party Filaments: Compatible with all industry standard 1.75 mm filaments, including particle-filled materials and high-temperature materials (up to 270 C)
• Third Party Applications: Accepts standard G-codes, making it compatible with most 3rd party applications
• Free M3D Software: Available on Windows and Mac
To contribute to the M3D Pro Kickstarter, please visit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/m3d/m3d-pro-feature-packed-3d-printer. To learn more about the product in its entirety, visit www.m3dpro.com.
M3D is a team of US-based engineers and designers passionate about bringing 3D printing to the masses. M3D's first printer, the Micro, quickly became an iconic consumer 3D printer that provided entry-level users an affordable option for 3D printing. Today M3D is continuing its mission to make 3D printing accessible to more people, developing new printers and filaments allowing anyone to instantly dive into 3D printing, whether they're at home, work or anywhere. To learn more about M3D, please visit www.printm3d.com.