IQMS DEBUTS CHOICE IS THE NEW CLOUD DEPLOYMENT PROGRAM FOR CUSTOMERS OF IQMS MANUFACTURING ERP SOFTWARE
IQMS manufacturing ERP deployment models ensure that customers don’t have to compromise on application flexibility and control whether on-premises or in the cloud
PASO ROBLES, CALIF. - March 14, 2016 - The cloud can be a highly effective deployment model for enterprise resource planning (ERP), but not all cloud options are equal, and for some companies, the cloud many not be the right solution. To address the diverse deployment needs of manufacturers, IQMS, a leading manufacturing ERP software and manufacturing execution system (MES) authority, today announced its "Choice is the New Cloud" deployment program for customers.
The Choice is the New Cloud program features three deployment models for the IQMS EnterpriseIQ ERP system that are designed to support the needs of manufacturing firms. Many of these businesses need to balance any cost savings with the flexibility to meet certification requirements and customize their ERP solution to drive innovation and enhance existing operations. Because the IQMS deployment models enable customers to either own the software or act as a single tenant, manufacturers do not have to compromise on control no matter which choice they make.
• Managed Cloud is for customers that want to take advantage of EnterpriseIQ on a subscription basis. The deployment runs in IQMS' secure, robust cloud-based data center. Managed services and support are included in the subscription.
• Hosted is for manufacturers that want to own their EnterpriseIQ license but take advantage of a hosted cloud deployment. Customers purchase a perpetual license of EnterpriseIQ, which is hosted in IQMS' cloud-based data center. Managed services are included as part of the support cost, which is billed periodically.
• Premise is for customers that want to run EnterpriseIQ software in their own data center—either directly on servers or in a private cloud. Manufacturers purchase a perpetual license, and support is billed periodically. Managed services are optional.
"Our manufacturing ERP customers range from established businesses to start-ups to on-shore branches of off-shore companies—each with different IT infrastructure investments and needs," said Gary Nemmers, IQMS CEO. "With the launch of our Choice is the New Cloud program, we are empowering customers to select the ERP deployment option that best supports their business. Now manufacturers can capitalize on cloud efficiencies without compromising on the application flexibility."
Choosing the Right Deployment Model
According to the Gartner report, The Top 10 SaaS ERP Myths1, "Even in association with ERP systems, the term ‘cloud' isn't well-defined. Anything from a traditional ERP system rehosted on a cloud-based IaaS to a multitenant public cloud SaaS-only solution is labeled ‘cloud' today, including deployments as diverse as private cloud or infrastructure utility services. To make the right choice from this continuum, it is essential to understand the various characteristics of an offering of interest."
In guiding manufacturers to choose the right deployment option for their business, IQMS works with companies to answer key questions that will affect their decisions. Among them are:
• How long do you plan to run the software? A subscription model can be more affordable in the short-term, but a perpetual license can save money in the long run.
• How much internal IT staff support staff will be required regardless of the ERP deployment selected? Managed cloud and hosted options are most cost-effective in organizations that are minimizing their overall IT staff.
• How important is it to have a private version of the software that can be customized and changed at your discretion? On-premises or hosted deployments are better suited for these requirements.
• Do you want or need managed services? These are standard with hosted and managed cloud deployments, and they are optional for manufacturers choosing to deploy in their own data centers.
Manufacturers who want to learn more can visit http://www.iqms.com/products/requestinfo.html or call 866-367-3772.
1Gartner Inc., The Top 10 SaaS ERP Myths, by Christian Hestermann and Nigel Rayner, November 19, 2015
IQMS uniquely combines ERP and manufacturing execution system (MES) functionality to give manufacturers a comprehensive end-to-end suite for running the business, backed by the real-time performance and scalability that companies demand. Developed specifically for mid-market repetitive, discrete and batch process manufacturers, IQMS provides robust capabilities for addressing strict customer and regulatory certification and compliance. IQMS achieves this by delivering traditional ERP functionality for accounting, sales orders, material requirements, inventory and purchasing, plus extended native features for CRM, human resources, production scheduling, shop floor control, warehouse and quality modules. With offices across North America, Europe and Asia, IQMS serves manufacturers around the world. For more information, please visit http://www.iqms.com.